- Atomic Death Squad release debut demo for free download
- Waiting Room release posthumous EP
- “Brutal shit from two cunts wallowing in Ballarat”
- Tim Yatras (Germ, Woods of Desolation, Grey Waters, etc) is releasing a free ambient ambient trilogy
- Battle Pope vs Jesus Christ Posse (split)
- Battle Pope/Jesus Christ Posse split up for free download
- No Anchor release “the most No Anchor of all the No Anchor records”
- Nontinuum’s new (free) EP is one of the best things you’ll hear all year
- Free Devil’s Kitchen compilation feat. King Parrot, Shellfin, Winterun and more
- Arcane and Caligula’s Horse members release superb post-rock/ambient album
News : Feast of Metal is going to be awesome
It’s always rad seeing something a little bit different happening in the music scene, especially when it involves a medieval tavern, which is what you can expect if you’re heading over to Footscray’s Revolt Artspace to see Be’lakor, Black Majesty, Darker Half, Orpheus, Troldhaugen, Hybrid Nightmares, HMAS Vendetta and Catacombs (Damnation’s Day unfortunately had to pull out) this Sunday Nov 18th.
Feast of Metal is happening as part of Melbourne Music Week, and as well as performances from that tasty selection of bands, you’ll be able to check out an exhibition of dark and fantasy-themed art by some great local artists. You can have a few ales in the medieval tavern, and have a grand meal in the feasting hall. There’ll be 3 rounds of metal trivia where you can win prizes provided by Collector’s Corner. There’ll be a whole bunch of games to play, sword battles to watch, market stalls to shop at, and randomly chosen drink specials. For the full list of what’s happening, head over to the Facebook event.
It’s a ridiculously cool event. Things kick off at 3pm, entry is $25.