- Atomic Death Squad release debut demo for free download
- Waiting Room release posthumous EP
- “Brutal shit from two cunts wallowing in Ballarat”
- Tim Yatras (Germ, Woods of Desolation, Grey Waters, etc) is releasing a free ambient ambient trilogy
- Battle Pope vs Jesus Christ Posse (split)
- Battle Pope/Jesus Christ Posse split up for free download
- No Anchor release “the most No Anchor of all the No Anchor records”
- Nontinuum’s new (free) EP is one of the best things you’ll hear all year
- Free Devil’s Kitchen compilation feat. King Parrot, Shellfin, Winterun and more
- Arcane and Caligula’s Horse members release superb post-rock/ambient album
News : Earth tour Australia for the very first time
Heathen Skulls are proud to present Seattle drone doom outfit EARTH in their very first performances on our shores this September.
Earth formed in 1990 and led by guitarist Dylan Carlson. Mostly instrumental, their early work grew out of the Seattle area grunge scene and is recognized as pioneering the genre of drone doom — an experimental offshoot of doom metal, characterised by droning, minimalist, lengthy and repetitive structures.
Their early albums could be seen as a variation of the experimental doom-influenced metal of The Melvins. They now feature a markedly different sound, slow-paced and lengthy featuring strong elements of country music and jazz and the addition of a drummer.
Released earlier this year, “Angels Of Darkness, Demons Of Light II” is ultimately a completely unanticipated direction for Earth, and a very welcome one at that. Well respected by their musical peers, Earth were invited by Portishead to be apart of their curated ATP festival in 2011 and were subsequently asked to perform at ATP 2012, curated by Jeff Mangum (Neutral Milk Hotel).
Earth are heartfelt, haunting and deliver slow moving music that stretches into other worlds. Don’t miss your chance to see them in their first Australian tour this September. Special guests to be announced.
Saturday 8th Sept – The Kings Arms, Auckland www.kingsarms.co.nz
Sunday 9th Sept – The Zoo, Brisbane www.thezoo.com.au
Thursday 13th Sept – Hi Fi, Sydney www.thehifi.com.au
Friday 14th Sept – Fowlers Live, Adelaide www.fowlerslive.com.au
Saturday 15th Sept – The Rosemount Hotel, Perth www.roseounthotel.com.au
Sunday 16th Sept – The Corner Hotel, Melbourne www.cornerhotel.com
Tickets on sale Friday 1st June, see venues for details.